Log window show messages that are less or more important and error messages. All messages that appear in the logger are divided into a few categories:
- Info: just informational messages of very little importance
- Config: problems with program's configuration
- Warning: error messages of little importance
- Error: important error messages
- Critical: critical errors - this should never happen
- Debug: debugging messages - useful for developers only
- Code: debugging messages - errors that should never happen and should be submitted as a bug report
Use Logger Options... menu command to define which messages are interesting for you and which are of high importance.
Show in window column setups which messages will appear in the log window.
Popup on event column setups which messages will cause the log window to become visible when a message arrives.
When log window is hidden and new message arrives that doesn't cause window's popup LogWindow toolbar toggle will change its colour to indicate that there are unread messages.
Redirecting logs to a file
Use Redirect to a File... menu command to append all messages to a file. This causes ALL messages to be saved into that file. You can stop appending logs to a file using Stop Redirecting menu command.
Project Gex, started by Jarek Dukat, 2002